I write to you tonight from planet Thirteen, currently circulating the Earth’s Moon for the last time before breaking orbit and heading towards Pluto. Yes, I know that’s not a planet anymore. Now, thank you to Belsbror for the nomination, here we go!
Rules: Post 11 facts about yourself, answer these 11 questions, and nominate 11 other blogs.
Anyone know why this award’s a fan of eleven? Just curious. Wonder if it has anything to do with numerology and the fact that 11 is a Master number, right next to 22. Hm, maybe not.
- I am currently running on a Starbucks Doubleshot and Starbucks Refresher. Still feel like I haven’t slept in a month.
- I have to pay the court $491 for something I didn’t do. Yay me. (Not much sunshine here, I’m afraid.)
- I recently got addicted to Ghirardelli Dark & Caramel chocolates, they are AMAZING.
- My stomach is rumbling, I need food. What to eat . . . suggestions?
- I genuinely want to build a community with my blogs but am still struggling on how to achieve this, and grasp a complete definition of this term. What is community, and how do I get one? Again, suggestions?
- I’m a Type B introvert that likes to present she’s a Type A social butterfly, at least at work anyway, because that’s how I make my money.
- I am sometimes unsure of myself when writing, and have the horrible habit of self-censorship. Fighting this battle one step at a time.
- I have a migraine at least every other day.
- Customers at work have been known to walk up to the counter and ask: “Where’s Mary-had-a-little-lamb?”
- I once had a woman ask me about framing a piece of artwork containing real human hair from the Victorian era. No freakin’ joke.
- I’ve had lucid nightmares for the last week or so. I now have a new story arc thanks to them.
1. What is the first thing you do as soon as you wake up in the morning? Check my phone to be sure I’m not late for work or class, I’m notorious for oversleeping, especially near finals week.
2. What is your greatest fear? There are too many to count, but at the moment: limiting myself.
3. Do you have a new years resolution for 2014? Yes, to be more myself and care less about being rejected by others. I am tired of being someone I’m not.
4. What is your favorite song at the moment? “Rule the World”, The Sunbeams’ tribute to Take That. (Saw Stardust again a few days ago.)
5. What is your favorite childhood memory? Middle School. Almost every morning the school librarian would threaten to kick us out if we didn’t tone the noise down. (Sometimes, she actually did.)
6. What’s your favorite social media platform and why? I have two: WordPress for it’s more serious bloggers, and its Publicize function; and Tumblr, because of all the awesome pen pals and snail mail blogs, and the fact that I can mindlessly surf it for hours.
7. What did the last text message you received say? LOL
8. What bugs you the most? Noise, light, too many things to count. But I get by anyways.
9. What do you consider to be the most important appliance in your house? My laptop, hands down. Or, should I have answered the smoke detector?
10. If you could have one song that would play whenever you entered a room, what would it be? Florence + the Machine’s “No Light, No Light.”
11. What’s your favorite movie quote? “Hasta que el mundo dejara de girar.” (Until the world stops turning,” Pan’s Labyrinth.) I just love this movie, quote, and the word “girar.” To me, it represents the belief of never surrendering. Until the world stops turning, keep on going towards your dreams and wishes.
My nominees: (In no particular order.)
A Holistic Journey (Just discovered this blog today!)
Well, over and out!