Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend, especially since we’ve been having a nice constant stream of rain these last couple days. It’s this kind of weather that makes me lazy to do anything but stay in bed with my books and video games. (And laptop for blogging, of course.) How about you guys, doing anything fun despite the rain?
Well, last Sunday I wrote about cameras as great blogging tools; this time, as you can see from the picture above, I am writing about headphones. Now, I do know that probably the majority of bloggers already have headphones or earphones at least, so bare with me if you do. And in fact, please let me know what kind you use, when you use them, and any other kind of feedback that might prove insightful.
A few things to consider:
A Few Positives:
- Headphones are more comfortable in the long run. They do not agitate the inside of your ears, unlike earphones.
- They’re great for blocking out noisy roommates, family members and even neighbors with music (or Netflix, as I am doing at the moment.)
- They’re not as fragile as earphones, and good ones even come with adaptors and speakers so you can Skype or talk to people on the phone while you’re on the go. Hell, with the speaker function, you can do a podcast for your blog or save some auditory notes! (Granted, earphones have this feature too.)
A Few Negatives:
- The good ones can be a bit pricey.
- They’re definitely bulkier than earphones.
- When you first break them in, they can be a bit heavy (if you’re not used to them) and can be a bit tight on the head.
In my previous post, I mentioned that I like to travel light. And so, I have always used earphones because of their portability. However, I’ve also been through my fair share of them, and this is because, after a while, they agitate the inside of my ears. After some internal debate, I finally decided to get a decent pair of headphones, ones that are sturdy and comfortable to wear for long periods of time. After a bit of trial and error, I finally landed on the Urbanears, which are in the $60 price range (as opposed to the other nicer, over $100 dollar ones). These are really good quality, and are very comfortable to wear. The only issue I had was the color, I thought they’d be a darker purple like on the box, but that’s okay. The color has started to grow on me. But I’ll stop here because this isn’t a sales pitch, and wish you all a wonderful day and week!
Until next time!
PS: New mail post on my snailmail blog! Check it out when you have the time.