So my blog received this really interesting award from a fellow blogger a while back, but I was finally able to sit down and respond to it with this post. So thanks a lot keys2change, you’ve made my day and I will gladly pass it on and congratulate other bloggers for sharing their thoughts, ideas, POVs and overall blogs with us.
Note: In my short investigation I learned that the rules change a bit more. Aside from the 11 facts, the 11 answers, and 11 proposed questions, an accepting nominee also has to choose 3 to 5 other bloggers with a following of 200 (or less) to 3, 000. (Yep, rules changed over time.) I focused on bloggers with followings from 1 to 700 (except for one).
Starting off, here are eleven facts about myself:
1. I am deathly afraid of black water beetles. Seriously, if I see one too close I’ll scream like a little bitch and run.
2. I am a twin, her name is Tony. (Yes, that is a boy’s name. Don’t tell her I told you this, but when we turned 18 she received male razors from a razor company–as a marketing tactic–because they thought she was man.)
3. I will not eat anything with mushrooms in it. Die Campbells Mushroom Soup, die.
4. I love crafts of all kinds, espceially jewelry and paper crafts.
5. I am on a quest to renew my sense of whimsy.
6. I’m a hardcore writer. I write poetry, essays, short stories, am working on a few books, recently started a web series, and even have pen-pals.
7. On that note, I adore my pen-pals. I started pen-palling last year, during summer.
8. I am not a fan of alien movies, they creep me out. But I love paranormal movies, and especially those with fantastic/folkloric elements.
9. Personality wise, I switch at will from introvert to extrovert. I have one “work personality” that is nice, smiles at everyone, etc., but in reality I am quite introverted. I like peace and quiet, like being alone and not in crowds of people, and am quite pensive. I like listening to others and observing them (not in a stalker way, I swear). Though, I can be quite loud when I want.
10. My life goal is to be a recognized writer.
11. My other life goal is to travel and see as much of the world as I can before kicking it.
Next, here are my answers to the questions I was given:
1. What is one of your favorite aspects about blogging? The fact that I get to know more people like me, and that if I work hard enough I can build my own community of peers.
2. Dogs or cats? Dogs!!!
3. Quick! What’s the first song on your ipod that comes up on shuffle? Apocalyptica’s “Worlds Collide.”
4. When it’s rainy outside, what do you like to do? Sit near the window with a cup of chamomile tea, if I can, and leave it open a crack. I love the smell of wet earth after the rain and the slight chill in the air.
5. What kind of super power would you like to have? Telekinesis!! How cool would it be to be able to move things with your mind at will?! One of my favorite movies as a kid (and even now) is Matilda.
6. Where is one place that you’ve never been to, but would like to go to? How about The Entire World? I want to go everywhere!
7. What is one thing you want to change about the world? There are a lot of things I would change, but I guess I’ll settle on our growing indifference with each other and our world. We need to step up our game and help each other as best as we can, after all, the world is a hard place because we make it so, not the other way around.
8. If you were told that you had 6 months to live, what would you do? I’ve almost died at least five times since I was born (including the moment I was born) , and so I’ve learned that nothing should be taken for granted. If I only had 6 months left, I would spend as much time as possible with my loved ones, but would also work on as many writings as possible. If I leave behind at least one finished work, containing all I have, I will be content.
9. If you could be any one of your favorite authors for a day, who would it be? Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz. She was a criolla woman born in the middle of the 1500s, in Mexico shortly after the Spanish conquest. She was a nun, however, she was also an autodidact and an incredible scholar at a time when women were forbidden to educate themselves in anything but the home, or God. She is one of my heroes. (As well as Joan of Arc.) At the end, she was ordered to destroy her library and dedicate everything to God, however, it is believed that till the end of her life she did not cease her writing and even salvaged some of her books.
10. Which season of the year do you prefer? I’m in between fall and spring:)
11. If you didn’t have the internet or a blog, how would you express yourself to others? As a child of the 90s I still remember those dark times when the internet was only available at school or at the library. So, if I didn’t have it now I’d be roughing it old school and submitting my writings to magazines and working with fellow writers in clubs, etc. Books, paper magazines and newspapers are still around after all. (For now.)
Here are the questions to my four nominees:
1. Why do you blog?
2. What are the top three things on your bucket list?
3. Your No. 1 hobby?
4. Where would you like to travel, and why?
5. What is your goal(s) for your blog?
6. What is your favorite book(s)?
7. Your favorite song(s)?
8. Your favorite TV show(s)?
9. Your least, and your most, favorite foods?
10. What would you change about your surroundings?
11. What would you change about the world?
Lastly, here are my 4 awesome nominees:
Chris V: Scenes of Solitude
Elisse L: BIJ
Tobias M: The Art of Writing
Juliet S: Lace N Ruffles
Well, I hope you all enjoyed this, and remember to pay it forward!